It has been quite a journey filled with great accomplishments, a significant highlight of my community service, and I sincerely appreciate the support I received from so many members of the community and the LCWD staff and board members.
In just a year and 3 months, the Lebec County Water District has accomplished the following:
- LCWD is now California State Compliant on all Working Wells
- LCWD is now OSHA Compliant with Cages, Hatches and Safety Equipment
- All Water Tanks are in the process of being cleaned, with half completed to date – a service we don’t believe has been conducted in our almost 50 year history.
- A New Truck was purchased and new facilities were set up.
- A Website was created to keep customers informed that now offers “BILL PAY” service to make paying water bills more convenient.
- New Tools and equipment were purchased to make delivering water service more efficient.
- A Grant for a New Well is almost completed with 100% no payback possible.
- The Books are Balanced - something the former management group and board could not accomplish. It was a monumental task.
We have nearly $250,000 in the Bank. A far cry from the balance left by the old board. This is due primarily to the decision to manage the district and oversee all procedures rather than outsourcing the management services to a company at a cost of $27,000 per month. This significant change was at no cost to the district.
Grateful to an Exceptional Staff
Thank you to Rafael for all his hard work and dedication to making our district run more efficiently than it ever has in the past.
Thank you to Anthony, one of our newest team members and second water operator. His strong work ethic has assisted the district in accomplishing all the system improvements that are in place today.
Thank you to Amanda, who is a daily joy to work with, for her dedication to keeping the LCWD office running smoothly and ensuring that every customer is treated fairly and professionally.
Best wishes to the LCWD staff, board members and the incoming president. I look forward to seeing them continue to succeed in making improvements in our water system in the coming years.